R U HAY SAFE?
Make October 25 the day you ask the question, R U HaySafe?
Accidents happen in less than a split second.
Take 5 on October 25
to make sure your workplace is
Each worker following up on just one action from the checklist below could save someone in your workplace from injury or death.
- Machinery is securely shutdown before maintenance occurs.
- Adequate safety guards are fitted to machinery.
- Fire extinguishers and first aid kits are functional and located close to baling operations.
- Prominent signage warning of the dangers of falling bales clearly displayed in hay sheds.
- Prominent signage warning of the dangers of moving vehicles displayed in hay sheds.
- Warning signs clearly displayed on all machinery
- Plant operators are familiar with relevant safety procedures.
- Dry flammable crop materials are regularly removed from build-up areas on machinery.
- Operators are familiar with changing work environments and possible hazards such as power lines and poles.